Entries open for 39th Toyota Star Maker
1 September 2017
Entry is now open for the 39th Toyota Star Maker – Australia’s longest running search for a new country music star. Star Maker has been a crucial launching pad for some of Australia’s biggest country music stars including Keith Urban, Lee Kernaghan, James Blundell, Travis Collins, Kylie Sackley, Beccy Cole, Sam McClymont, Darren Coggan, Lyn Bowtell, Kirsty Lee Akers, and Kaylee Bell.
Australia’s Star Maker platform sets out to find a new country music star and all the aforementioned winners are leading the way with strong careers both internationally and locally.
In 2018, competition will be as tough as ever with former winners setting strong examples of what is possible when committed to a career in the country music industry.
“Toyota Star Maker has a responsibility to deliver a new winner who is not only the ‘next big thing’ but who also becomes an automatic ambassador for the Australian country music industry,” said coordinator Cheryl Byrnes.
We want someone who is already making a considerable impact in country music, who has the country music x-factor, is driven and articulate, motivated and talented and someone who lives country music.
Cheryl said, “Entrants should already be working the scene and have basic business knowledge and prepared to work with a team with nearly 40 year’s experience.”
Toyota’s commitment to Star Maker is inspiring both finalists and, in particular, the annual winner, their passion to progress, setting the benchmark in showcasing Australian country music’s best new talent.
Rachael Fahim has taken advantage of her prize package driving the country in her Toyota RAV4 using her courtesy fuel card and last night (31 August) performed to 25,000 people at the pre-game for Toyota Cowboys versus the Broncos in Townsville, Qld. Confetti, her first single as the 2017 Toyota Star Maker has enjoyed chart success on both national radio and the Country Music Channel.
The prize package includes:
- Use of the title 2018 Toyota Star Maker;
- 12 months use of a brand new, fully-serviced Toyota motor vehicle;
- A fuel card for the length of reign;
- Return air flight including 4-nights accommodation for one to Nashville for the CMA Festival in June 2018 courtesy of Chris Watson Travel;
- Photographic portfolio with Andrew Pearson Photography Tamworth;
- A Maton acoustic guitar;
- Fender products;
- Shure products from Jands Australia;
- A recording session with Australia’s top musicians and producer;
- Recording, distribution and promotion of a four-track EP;
- Production of two professional video clips by an award-winning director;
- 12 months media promotion in Australia’s only monthly country music magazine Country Music Capital News;
- Full colour promotional material including posters, a pull-up and more;
- Direct and personal introductions to industry based on the organisers 38 years history;
- Guidance and support by HSF Artist Services;
- Media promotion including radio, print and television;
- Hair and make-up styling by Plush Hair Designs & Make-up of Tamworth for photographic portfolio;
- A designated list of events for Toyota including National Tree Day, Shades Day and more;
- Guaranteed paid performances at a designated list of festivals and events;
- A guaranteed paid performance with Tamworth’s Wests Entertainment Group;
- A guaranteed performance with The Pub Group;
Toyota Star Maker is organised and promoted by Tamworth Regional Council, publishers of Country Music Capital News and the Official Guide to the Tamworth Country Music Festival.
For further information about Toyota Star Maker – Australia’s premier country music talent search or to request an entry form contact coordinator:
Cheryl Byrnes | Tamworth Regional Council | 02 6767 5040 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org